Eyes provide colors to our life. It is our holy responsibility to take care of our eyes. Here are easy tips for keeping our eyes healthy-
Easy Tips for Healthy Eyes
- Carrots are very good for eyes. Add them into your food. You can eat carrots in raw form also after washing them thoroughly.
- Vitamin A, C, E are beneficial for eye health. Consume carrot, apple and grapes for your healthy eyes.
- Do exercise for eyes. There are many easy yogic exercises which you can do daily.
- Put 2 almonds into water before going to bed, eat them in morning before breakfast and without peeling them.
- Eat always healthy and vegetarian food.
- Drink milk daily and eat fruits and vegetables. They are very good source of vitamins.
- Wash your eyes frequently at least twice a day with cold water. You can add 5 drops of rose water (Gulab Jal) as well.
- Have enough sleep however it may vary from person to person. 6 to 8 hours sleep is good for eyes.
- If you are going out during daytime, wear good quality sunglasses to protect your eyes from Ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Keep reading material at least 30 cm away from your eyes.
- If you are suffering from any eye allergy, don’t sit in front of the Air Conditioner (AC).
- Have regular eye check up, if you are 55 years or older, get eye check up at least once in two years.
- Don’t read while you are in lying position. Sit straight and read.
- Never ever experiment on your eyes. If any problem persists for more than one or two days, immediately visit eye doctor.
- Avoid watching TV much, Don’t stare on TV. Keep distance at least 8 feet from TV. During commercials just close your eyes and give relax to eyes. Keep TV Screen at the eye level.
- Don’t work on computer for many hours in a stretch. Have a small 2 mins break after each hour.
- Do not read in dim light, it causes eye strain.
- Don’t see any bright object with naked eyes especially sun. There is no harm to see sun when it is either rising or setting.
Never ignore your eyes. Eyes are said to be "Window of the Soul". Include them in your health scheme. View the world with your healthy eyes.